View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 01:11 AM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Being as clean as this car is, today I decided to delve into the interior a little and see just how nice it really is. Suffice to say I was utterly impressed. Car has original front mats and what appeared to be original carpet so I pulled the seats to get a better look at everything including the seat backs and bottoms. Wow...completely rust free seats with super clean frames that look like they just went into the car last week. And the carpet is original for sure.

The inside floors are meticulous throughout the cabin, and everything is super clean from the seat back and package tray right up to the firewall pad and up under the dash. No evidence of the car ever seeing any moisture or humidity whatsoever. In fact, the floors and inner sheet metal are some of the cleanest originals I have ever seen in person. Now to deodorize things a touch and put it all back. Made for a fun afternoon where everything appears unmolested and wickedly clean in there. The X 7 is written on the rear package tray but a little hard to read with all that glue over top. Stellar car for sure.

Car up on the lift where I'll go through everything this winter.

Front original mats are in decent shape. Driver side is a little brittle.

Original carpets with factory cuts, jute padding and sound deaden-er.

Original sill plates with the rivets which are in great shape.

Floors are simply spotless in the front and rear. Found this cardboard under it.

All original sound deaden-er and jute padding. Bolt's came out like butter too!

Everything up under the dash is super clean and unmolested throughout.

More pics in the next post including the backs of the seats.

Last edited by NorCam; 10-27-2019 at 01:14 AM.