View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 01:42 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post
How do you like race deck so far?
The vinyl wall coverings, did you find a local co to blow up a photo from internet and did they install?
I've always been into cool old photographs of things like vintage gas stations and such. The trick is to find an image you like in high resolution that makes a great wall print. You can then upload the pictures to EazyWallz.com and position/crop it according to the size you need. Once you submit it they take the image, clean it up if needed and send you a proof before they apply it to the vinyl. It's then rolled up on peel away transfer sheets and shipped via Fedex using a shipping tube. These guys are based in Montreal Canada (I'm sure there are suitable companies Stateside) and I have used them numerous times as the service is great.

In terms of applying it, you start on the top left side and hang it like wall paper. Starting at the top edge you then peel away the backing paper as you work down the vinyl from top to bottom in 6-10" increments. You take your time to keep things straight with no air pockets or wrinkles and smooth it onto the wall with your hands while working down from side to side in a sweeping motion. It's pretty easy if you take your time, and anyone who can align wall paper patterns can do this with their eyes closed. It's a really well suited task for most women as they do have that special attention to detail when it comes to designing. Important thing is to have a clean surface to apply it to. It's not very hard to hang and is re-positional if you need adjust it at the top when getting started. The trick is to get the first sheet bang on as the rest will always follow the first panel. The more intricate the design or picture, the more work required to align each panel perfectly at the seams. Trick is never pull or stretch the panels out of shape or you can distort the sheet and then aligning the images can become a pain. Each panels varies between 24"-28" inches wide and are all uniform cuts depending on total wall size. Biggest one I have done was 22' wide x 9' and that had about 10 or 11 panels.

As for the Race Deck flooring, in my opinion it's the best stuff out there. I've used it many times and prefer the Free Flow panels as they let water or spills drop through to the floor to dry up. Easy to add a design while locking the tiles in place and you can tear a couple seams and pull it out in spring/fall to sweep the floor and spray things down if needed. The stuff rocks and the cheapest place to buy it is from Amazon at $2.69 a square. Measure your floor space then go to the Race Deck's website to create your own design before ordering tiles. It will tell you how many tiles are needed in each color before you order it. Don't forget to figure in the edges you'll need around the outside. They come in male/female ramp style edges and there are corner pieces to consider also. If you need help they have sales assistants that can help you over the phone. Lots of styles to choose from, but my go to tile is the Free Flow.

Last edited by NorCam; 04-13-2018 at 01:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NorCam For This Useful Post:
Crush (04-13-2018)