View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 10:10 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I thought about this a lot when building my shed, which should be finishing up shortly. I considered epoxy, stain, pigmented and polished. What it came down to was several factors, mostly aesthetics, maintainability, functionality and cost. The shed is 60x80 so it was a relatively large area. With aesthetics I will admit the space will be more for entertaining and storage than work so the right look (color) was important. I was afraid with the epoxy it would inevitably chip and flake. One thing I'd be careful with polished is that it will be very slippery when wet, or with just sox on when dry . I ultimately went with pigmented concrete (addition or iron oxides to the concrete). With pigmented if it chipped the color would be relative undisturbed, it was finished and sealed a little rough so it wasn't so slippery when wet, it came in a color that went with the look I was going for and it was the least expensive option...polished concrete was 2x the pigmented and epoxy was 3x. I went with a shade called rawhide...I'll try and upload a couple pics.

Last edited by Born30YrsLate; 01-09-2020 at 10:14 PM.