Thread: Erica Enders
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 12:46 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Erica Enders

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L78racer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The grandstands looked a little sparse too. Nascar also has the same ills- dwindling sponsors and fans. I don't know what would turn things around either.. </div></div>

In my opinion both organizations need to get back to their roots and make the cars / sport something that the average guy can relate to. Remember when the cars in NASCAR looked like the cars we all could buy off the showroom floor? (Win on Sunday, sell on Monday). Today they all share the same basic shape with the only distinguishing factor being a different decal package.

The cars in the NHRA (except the sportsman classes) look nothing like the cars they are supposed to represent. While I enjoy watching the pro categories (Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro Stock) I think Super Stock and Stock are more affordable to run and are something that more enthusiasts can relate to.

Televise these classes and create another class that runs with manual transmissions to highlight driver skill and car set up.