View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom406 View Post
I just ran across copies of the documentation for N657861, a Gold COPO sold at Belmont-assuming it was your car, Barry? I saw it in Arizona a few years ago, it was for sale at the McDonalds cruise-in in Scottsdale that January. It was being offered by a Mr. Steve Stange for $75K, which was big money at the time. Its a very interesting (in a cool way!) combo of Olympic Gold/Dk Green standard, with an M21 4 speed, AM radio w/rear speaker, and rear window defroster. Bought by a Mr. Williard Clements in July of '69, it listed for $4944 Canadian, with $2450 allowed on his '68 Olds 442 trade in. Killer documentation on this car, with GM Canada report, Belmont Purchase Order, Protect-o-Plaque, Fisher Body Control Card, and a receipt for the rustproofing done.

Also with it is Barry Allen's (it was your car!) purchase order from War-Dan Auto Sales in Ontario, dated July '78, where he paid $4700 plus tax and license. In the remarks column it states boldly "Hi Performance Engine NO WARRANTY".

I was blown away by the documentation-I don't usually keep flyers for cars for sale too long, but this one I saved. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

This was my Copo before I sold it to Barry. I worked at War-Dan auto sales (named War-Dan because it was on the corner of warden and danforth) It was my personal car and I raced it at Cayuga. I worked at War-Dan at the time so when I decided to sell it I advertised it on the lot for sale. I remember Barry wanted to trade in a grand prix on it at the time. I have some pictures of me in it at Cayuga Dragstrip I will post them up. I worked at Data business forms and bought it from my friend Willard who also worked there. My friends and I that worked there had a handful of awesome cars. 2 Copo camaros I had the Gold one and Peter Bombini had an orange one (he later owned an LS6 Chevelle, bought from Freddy Donsberger). Also a 69 427 Vette (owned by Gord Keats) and 396/375 blue auto bench seat chevelle (Duke). Copos were both out of belmont. Any chance you have the War-Dan bill of sale? I would love to see it!

Thanks, Gary.

Last edited by garycopo; 05-16-2020 at 03:20 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to garycopo For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (05-16-2020)