View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 02:33 PM

Thanked 1,048 Times in 332 Posts

Yesterday Vicki and I went to Chicago for various meetings. Our local staff meeting was packed with our people, several who drove several hours to join us, and we also had several new guys joined us, including Jak Tar and of course, Dan V. was also present.

I can honestly state that the enthusiasm level of our team is at fever pitch, and everyone is devoted to making sure our participants have a great time and the overall experience is positive.

Our move-in team will be implementing a lot of new things to streamline what is an incredibly challenging feat. Please work with them and as Charley said, read your instructions and don't arrive early as we stage and move people in a very specific order.

Remember that you can always come in later, but please do not attempt to come in earlier, as that can cause delays for everyone.

Also, if you have a Thursday move-in, the goal is to get your vehicle into the building and your truck and trailer out asap to allow the next people in line to get in. Friday is the day we concentrate on getting everyone to their exact spots, getting the displays "dialed in" and such. This is important as we have all day Friday to dial it in, and as those of you who know me can confirm, what appears to be total chaos Thursday and early Friday magically becomes incredibly in order overnight after hours when hopefully most of you are enjoying a steak and some cold ones across the street. With the assistance of Ian and Boooek, we always manage to get it all dialed in, from the base of the steps to the farthest corner of the back. That is what we do...

Imagine if you will pouring 50 gallons of 260 through a 1/2" tube to fill your tank. Those of you who have been with us know there is pretty much just one way into the building, and then we have those pesky pillars, but when it is all dialed in, your jaw will drop Saturday morning when we open the show.

Whew....only a few more weeks!

BA
www.mcacn.com
The Following User Says Thank You to bashton For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (11-03-2019)