View Single Post
Old 07-24-2023, 04:01 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffschevelle View Post
Cool car. Regarding the Malibu emblem on one quarter, I would bet a nickel to a doughnut that it had a salvage yard quarter installed early in life.

I had a 67 SS with a 66 Malibu quarter on the psgr side. (They did at least bondo the emblem holes over and drill new holes for the 67 SuperSport emblem though.)

And I have a 67 Malibu 4-door sedan donor car that has a 300 Deluxe rear door and quarter on the psgr side. But in this case they did nothing about the trim -- the car has a Malibu emblem and all the lower side trim on the driver's side, but on the psgr side it has a 300 Deluxe emblem and the lower Malibu trim just stops at the back edge of the front door! The odd thing is that the installation was done fantastically well and along all the factory seams. If it were not for the trim mismatch (and white paint under the peeling blue on the 300 Deluxe parts) you would never know it had a quarter put on it.
Getting this car was a bit of an ordeal getting help from 2 friends to pick it up and transport it home. My friend that picked it up looked it over very well and is a career body man and he thinks quarter has never been replaced unless was factory full quarter so we may never know ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2002 View Post
I guess it was very easy for someone to drill holes for the Malibu emblem and just as easy to put a 68 grill on it. The only question is why, and the answer lies with the person that did it along with some of the chrome dress up pieces from back in the day.
Very Nice car! It is looking great already and I can' t wait to see it brought back to its former glory. Did you decide on a color yet?
Hey Mark! it was as you know was originally Butternut and have thought about other colors but that's last on my list of things to do.

here are few more pics
Attached Images

90 Formula 350
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zman1969 For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (08-17-2023), big gear head (07-24-2023), dykstra (07-24-2023), olredalert (07-25-2023)