View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 06:46 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,961 Times in 1,388 Posts

Onto the body. There wasn't much left inside to begin with, but I had to remove all the seats and headliner. First, I had to remove the gate, as there was too much weight behind the lift arms to balance well.

As rusted out as the main cabin floor is, the cargo floor and spare wheel well are in amazingly good condition.

The rear seat upper back is bolted thru the wheel house and looking at the amount of rust, I just took the easy way out and ground them off flush with the reinforcement plate...

Then I went after the headliner and bows. It, too, is in very nice condition and I wanted to save it intact, in case it would be wanted for a survivor car. Little did I know I was embarking on pulling out more than 600 staples !!!

He had, also, bought a very expensive rotisserie about a year ago. I put that together last spring and it has sat in my way ever since too. The floor at the rockers is VERY rusted out and I was barely able to lift the body off the frame without it caving in. I had to add 400#s of "ballast" to the front floor and cowl with crushed glass media.

On the roto and ready to balance. I have a homemade roto that lacks the screw jacks for balancing. Wow, are those a treat compared to using a bottle jack under the arm T's...

Before I removed the doors, I welded in 2, 1'' square tubing bars to hold it in shape.

I cut out what little was left of the floor perimeter while on it's side.

Rolled it back over and knocked it out.

1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (12-18-2021), big gear head (12-28-2021), dykstra (12-17-2021), NorCam (12-18-2021), scuncio (12-16-2021)