Thread: Pre-paint jail
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 05:27 PM

Thanked 2,029 Times in 645 Posts
Default Pre-paint jail

Needs some opinions from the group to see if I'm thinking "normal".

This spring I found a guy to paint the Canadian Z28 my son and I went and got last summer. I looked at a couple cars he painted and even found a guy I used to work with that had a similar car the guy painted 15 years ago and and he raved about the guy and how good the car still looks so I felt pretty comfortable that I'd found my guy. He told me before we came over for him to see the car that he had two customers that were on the fence about when they would be ready to do there cars so he couldn't give me a time frame to get me in at that moment and I was fine with that. When we took the car over for him to look at he was pleasantly surprised how solid it was and said the other two guys still hadn't committed to bring their cars in and said if I wanted to be next in line all he needed was a verbal commitment. I said ok and asked when he'd be ready and he said the car he was currently working on would be done by the end May so he should be able to get it in by early June and be done by October which was fine with me. He gave me a huge list of parts to buy that would save time and money in the long run so I bought them all and waited to hear from him. I didn't so in early June I called him to tell him I had all the parts and was wondering when he'd be ready and he said the owner of the car he was working on wanted more work done to his car so it would probably be around the 4th of July before he would be ready. Today is the one year anniversary of my son and I picking the car up and I still haven't heard anything from him so I called and left him a message today and am wondering if any of you guys would be upset about this or if it's just business as usual? I'm in no hurry to get the car done but leaving a guy hanging for two months without a single call isn't the way to do business IMO and now that I started thinking about it today I'm kind of upset about it. What do you guys think?
Attachments - The Supercar Registry merc.jpg IMG_20230328_120652374.jpg 81Z.jpg 34561210_1835550423158464_6201414024979021824_n.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...