Thread: Pre-paint jail
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 06:14 PM

Let’s just say, I’ve heard this scenario way too many times. I’m face, just about par for the course, I would say. I found the best guy you would ever want. My only criticism is he mad the car too nice. I wanted a factory quality resto. He has this thing baby butt smooth and perfect fit and gaps. The problem with body/paint guys is they are “inspired” kind of like no-polar (not all are). They have a moment when thy do phenomenal work, as wel as times when they have a mental block. If you push them, they will do crappy work, if you let them be a free spirit , who knows? Plus, they always have a quick job, here or there that makes them fast $$. Making your car pushed back more. Plus, if the are good and don’t have a bake booth, they will go a month between sprays to cure the primer/paint. It a ulcer season when a car is painted. I will agree, I’d have second thoughts on having a guy who does not communicate. I’ve gone through 4 guys to find the right one. One guy quit in process anc abandoned my car losing or stealing many nos parts. It’s just the price of tuition. But you 1st instinct is probably the right one?

69 SS/RS 396 M20 X22 Nor 12B,72B,712 bought 1979
FULL OWNER HISTORY
69 Dick Harrell tribute Day II 427 M20 4.10 X11 76 orig pnt, 711
67 Super Stock 302 Camaro re-creation
The Following User Says Thank You to bbbentley For This Useful Post:
purple panther (08-08-2021)