View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 09:25 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergy View Post
I think that it was a good question Fred. If it was my car, I would want all of these comments with the car thread - the community helps to clear up any confusion on the part of a future buyer. It's also unusual (to me) to see the block VIN stamped with the leading "11N". I'm more used to seeing just "1N". The trans appears to be stamped "1N" (unless the first 1 is just not clear in the picture) - if the trans only has "1N", it would also be odd since the block & trans were usually stamped with the same gang.
Bergy and Fred

I agree I always like to air my cars out on this site as the input is informed and fare. That is why I put the statement in the ad regarding the block casting date.

The trans is actually stamped “19N” which is what I’m more use to seeing in a 69 car. The “11N” is an anomaly for sure and may be as simple as the gang not being set up correctly. I’ve seen lots a double stamps, misaligned stamps, stamps done backwards and upside down. It’s impossible to know exactly why it is the way it is. What I do know is when you compare the stampings to other stamping in the same period, look at all of the cars provenance it’s a righteous car with bulletproof docs.

Also, having the Pace Car options listed individually is really interesting and odd. I know having spoken to the original owners husband, yes the original owner was a woman and she owned a Texaco station. You can see that on the sales order. And having spoken to the owner of the dealership I learned a lot of interesting things about the car. One was that Hawkeye Chevrolet traded a Corvette to another dealership for the Pace Car. So that may have something to do with the Pace Car options being listed individually on the sales order.

Thanks for y’alls input

Last edited by TXSS; 07-17-2019 at 11:25 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TXSS For This Useful Post:
olredalert (05-01-2019), PeteLeathersac (05-01-2019)