Thread: ebay tax
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 01:10 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,011 Times in 1,402 Posts

I needed 4 aluminum rivets to attach a front license holder for a 2006 Malibu. I found them at a dealer on ebay.. $2.43 each with $7.10 shipping. I figured the $7.10 would cover the cost of all 4, but when they were added to the cart, the shipping went to $20 and they proclaimed I had been given an $8.40 discount for a multiple purchase. I immediately dropped out of the cart and sent a request to the dealer for a shipping cost and their response was, they "have no control over that, as ebay sets the rate".

So you people are saying this is a voluntary thing the sellers can do if they are too lazy to deal with shipping costs ?

So for the buyers who just pay these crazy prices, who makes the profit on the exorbitant shipping cost ? The dealer ? I guess they would like the rate ebay sets, if so.

I did find a full bag of 10, shipped to my door for $20, plus the $1.10 tax, of course, which is charging tax on the shipping too. I see that a lot with online purchases too and request a refund from the sellers for that error.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles