View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 02:04 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

If you are interested in more information on Fred Ballard's fuel pump rebuild service (and more of the same on Goat Hill) there is a good thread on CRG, here is the link:

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=4322.0

I had Fred rebuild the original 40669 pump from my 1969 Z/28. If you are in need of a basic rebuild for a driver his service is unique in the industry. If you are looking for a rebuild suitable for Legends, Top Flight etc judging probably not the right choice. Unlike Goat Hill Fred re-uses the AC crimp-on base so its unavoidable there will be some crimp marks and waviness when its re-installed (I posted photos of mine - see Post #30). He re-plates the bowl gold zinc whereas AC originally used gold dichromate. Finally, Fred uses a clear coat on the magnesium casting which gives it a semi-gloss finish. I wasn't aware of that when I had him rebuild mine so I imagine he would skip that process if asked. His turn around time was reasonable and he does the rebuilds in batches so you may need to wait until he has a sufficient number to proceed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edgemontvillage For This Useful Post:
bergy (02-02-2021), X66 714 (02-02-2021)