View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 05:53 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by big gear head View Post
Did they tell you what the filler material was for the welds on those headers? The color of the weld on that flange looks like silicon bronze. I've run into problems at work with 7075 aluminum. The guys that I work with keep making parts from 7075 and then bring it to me to weld it. They aren't very happy when I tell them they have to make it over again out of 6061. I didn't see any signs of balancing the shaft. How did they do that?
Good questions!

Not sure what the filler material was on the headers. I'm sure Lemons would tell you.

L-O-L on welding 7075. I think a lot people look up the specs of 7075 and have visions of welding it but reality can change that pretty quick! I found something on the Internet about welding it, but it seemed way out there.

Mark physically screws the weights to either end of the shaft, on the yokes, and it passes SFI testing too. The goop is to keep folks from tampering with it (or at least, scare them). Here's one image:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowsmith For This Useful Post:
big gear head (03-26-2023), dykstra (03-26-2023), L78_Nova (03-29-2023), Xplantdad (03-26-2023)