View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 12:43 AM

Thanked 3,404 Times in 1,244 Posts

LOL @ Tim

The good news is that Ron started on the car this week and he's been banging away at it for a couple days now. I made a trip over to his shop today to see the floors and pick from some paint cards he sprayed out last night. The rear frame rails were very clean and the original 16ga torque boxes stayed in place since the AMD torque boxes were lighter at only 18ga. The torque boxes and seat pans were welded in today and all of the plug welds have now been ground smooth including along the lower rockers.

Next up he has some rust to deal with along the dash top. Once that's done he'll move onto the firewall which is also getting new metal. I suspect he'll also keep the original front mounts in place as they are also clean and rust free. In the pictures below, there are two shots of the paint that I chose. With inside light it's a terrific match, but is deeper with a shade more yellow once you get it out in the sun. This card is actually Sherwin Williams ATX BC/CC in 76 Daytona Yellow and I think they also call it Harvest Gold in other GM lines? In either case, it was the deepest color he sprayed out and it really pops in the sun so that's what I chose. More soon as I'm busy with all the bits and pieces while Ron works his way through the body. It's going very well here.

Floor removed to reveal clean solid frame rails and torque boxes which were retained and welded to the new floor.

New AMD floor is in with all of the welding finished up and grinding nearly complete. Both seat boxes are also installed now.

Plug welds between the new floor pan and the original rockers which by the way were completely rust free.

Like most people, Ron doesn't like his picture taken but I got one of him with the car today. (lol)

Sherwin Williams ATX Code 76 Daytona Yellow with a great match under natural lighting.

Hard to see the difference here. but in the sunlight this BC/CC paint really pops.
big gear head (10-02-2020), HawkX66 (10-31-2020), X66 714 (10-02-2020), Zman1969 (05-13-2021)