View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 02:32 AM

Thanked 3,404 Times in 1,244 Posts

On the interior front, Al Knoch has color-matched a set of molded front door panels and they are currently on the way up to me now. The rest of the interior was just performed by Michael Van't Wout at Crown Automotive Interiors in Red Deer, Alberta. He custom made the patterns, rebuilt the materials onto the frames, and assembled all of the seats for me. Earlier in the week, I also had all of the plastic's color-matched to the new vinyl and had the headrests dyed so everything pulls together nicely.

This afternoon we added the plastics to the seats and dropped the headrests in to see how everything looked. I have to hand it to Mike, he did a great job on the seats and I am very happy with the results. He also finished off the rear side panels although I still need to polish and install the stainless trim. I dragged them home this evening and set them up for a few pictures before covering them up again. The yellow looks much better in person than the pictures display as they do have a soft creamy hue to them (very buttery in person). Dare I say they are spot on with the original color...yet the camera makes them look a couple of shades darker (bolder) than they really are. Now to get the heater core painted and connect the controls so I can get it installed before the fenders go on this week.

Laughing out loud here as I try and keep this pace up.

The last of the upholstery completed before we assembled the buckets earlier today.

And here they are after bringing them home earlier tonight. Setup for a few pictures before I store them away.

big gear head (11-12-2020), markinnaples (11-12-2020), X66 714 (11-12-2020), Zman1969 (05-14-2021)