View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 05:48 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

That's interesting on the Bullitt sound clip being re-used. There is another example of the movie studios using this trick. Everybody on here has viewed the drag race scene in American Graffiti dozens of times if not more. The sound of Falfa's black '55 was recycled in the movie "Thunderbolt & Lightfoot. There is that distinct sound of that Tunnel-rammed 454 coming alive and getting into the upper power curve that is chilling to any car guy. That '55 just blew the tires off and let the much lighter '32 Ford get out in front, but look out when that Chevy hooks up and Revs to the moon.
Anyways, that clip was used in T&L when Clint Eastwood and Jeff Bridge's characters were picked up on the road by a maniac in that black Plymouth Fury which was comically jacked up in the rear. Watch that scene, and when they accelerate away from a dead stop, it's pure '55 Chevy thunder from American Graffiti! My wife thought I was nuts when I told here that years ago and had to play clips back to back to prove it to her. Good Times...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jerry455 For This Useful Post:
jer (01-26-2023), PeteLeathersac (01-24-2023), RobR (08-17-2023), Tracker1 (01-27-2023)