View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 04:09 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,523 Times in 1,149 Posts
Default Re: ZL1 #9 Barrett Jackson - Where's Waldo

George
I don't know you personally,but through your replies on this great website,I've always had a certain respect for what you buy & sell...until now.
I really think you coulda worded that one sentence a whole lot better and been alot more clearer with that one detail then that.That's the most nieve way to skate around saying something has been Re-bodied,that I have ever seen.Especially after 4 pages here on that earlier thread,of you taking us along with you as you find out it's true history & telling us you'll be honest & upfront about it,and that's how you describe it to potential B-J bidders?

I can't really find blame with B-J today,as even they listed it as a re-body a few years ago,so I would imagine you told them what to write today.........right?

<span style="font-style: italic"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Auction Co: Barrett-Jackson
Date: January 14, 2006

Lot # 1322. S/N 124379N608879. Cortez Silver/black vinyl. 427-ci V8, 4-bbl, auto. 69 total produced, this is #9 of the 50 built for Fred Gibb to homologate for racing. Fitted with aluminum heads and ZL1 aluminum block—Chevy's first. A $4,160 option, COPO 9560. Originally it was a drag car, but was rebodied and restored to a high level. Well-known in Camaro circles, and blessed by Ed Cuneen, the Camaro COPO guru. Cond: 1.&quot;</div></div></span>

For the most part,there's nothing wrong with saving a collectible vehicle from the crusher by re-bodying it if there's no other way,but it's got to be publicly announced as such.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr70 For This Useful Post:
kwhizz (01-05-2024)