Thread: day 2 headers
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbentley View Post
I always understood these two company’s to be one and the same. Appliance, I thought, evolved into Blackjack? I may be totally off, but I have owned both brands. Back in the late 70s ( I was only 3, mind you(age joke)), I worked at a speed shop. We sold Blackjack headers. I read every car magazine I could get my hands on, at the time. I don’t recall ever hearing about Appliance being advertised or used in the late 70s. Again, just my recollection, not a known fact. It has me believing one evolved to the other.

I think you are 100% correct. I worked at a local speed shop in Calgary in 1974/75 ( JB Auto ) and we sold & installed many Appliance headers, I had several sets myself , the first Appliance headers had welded non rotating collector flanges, later versions had the loose flanges. I noticed that Blackjack took over later 70,s/ early 80,s and later versions were alumicoated ?

I still have a set of 67-69 Camaro 302/350 #CH3 (2802) Appliance headers, very equal length nice fitting headers, 1&3/4” primary. I also used a set of Appliance headers on my 68 396/375 car back then. Appliance always seemed to fit nicer than Hooker headers & others back then, usually no modifications. JMO.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rszmjt For This Useful Post:
69 Post Sedan (01-16-2020), earntaz (01-16-2020)