View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 11:15 AM

Actually, a good place to ask about this car’s whereabouts is this Saturday in Wheelersburg, Oh., along the river. It is the last Saturday in June, July & August. It usually draws about 500 cars. It’s close enough to Jackson that I know there has to be some folks from there at the cruise. GPS shows it is 33 miles apart, Jackson to Wheelersburg.

I want to say a little something about this cruise in. At least in the past, around 9-9:30, as the show is winding down, folks get out their lawn chairs and line the sidewalks as the “antics” begins. Burnouts, and all around craziness on the main drag. The kind of stuff that gives the hobby a bad name and is dangerous and juvenile. It’s mostly the locals and not the nice cars crowd. A big motorcycle presence guarantees things like wheelies, standing up on the seat riding down the street and other craziness. I watch, for a little bit, because it is like a train wreck and I can’t turn away. I remember a Harley threesome doing a wheelie together and one of them fell off his bike. The picked him up and dusted him off and put him back on. I think his pride was hurt the most. Also, a Hellcat did a constant burnout for about 3/4 mile till we lost sight of him. And the 4 wheel drive diesel trucks “ rolling coal” right in your face. You haven’t lived till ya got a lung full of diesel ( joke).

69 SS/RS 396 M20 X22 Nor 12B,72B,712 bought 1979
FULL OWNER HISTORY
69 Dick Harrell tribute Day II 427 M20 4.10 X11 76 orig pnt, 711
67 Super Stock 302 Camaro re-creation

Last edited by bbbentley; 07-23-2019 at 11:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bbbentley For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (07-24-2019)