View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 01:06 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,768 Times in 747 Posts

Update on the brake line...........life got in the way the last several weeks (all good and fun things) so I have not been able to spend much time solving this problem. I have soaked and soaked the fitting to no avail. I removed the distribution valve from the frame with the rear line still attached and last night tried heating it several times (to the point of being worried I was overheating it) and still no luck. I did buy a complete front to rear line set with the thought I'd just replace the whole line if I had to trash the original. After spending considerable time assessing the whole situation last night, replacing the whole line was not happening - at least not while laying on my back on the garage floor, so I picked a spot in the existing line that was straight and cut the line. Glad I did as the flare nut was rusted to the line where it goes into the valve and would not have moved with any of the methods I had available to me. The valve goes out today for rebuilding and I will gather the proper fittings to splice the original line together. I installed the rebuilt fuel pump and buttoned up most of the engine compartment with the exception of the fan and belts. Eventually I'll get there.......

Dykstra Motorsports
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RPOLS3 For This Useful Post:
dykstra (06-25-2021), Too Many Projects (06-23-2021), Xplantdad (06-23-2021)