View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 02:52 AM

I started this thread because of the engine. I am more comfortable believing now that it is a ZL1. I still have questions about but Im comfortable.

Although the stuff in my garage has been sorted (30 hrs it took), I still have a 7x16 trailer full of parts that needs to be sorted, I am happy to document with words and pictures, although I am not entirely sure what I will find, I am sure there are no more Yenko crate engines in there. I understand that each Forum area has a topic, if this thread no longer applies to Yenko I will understand if it needs to moved.

First I will answer a few questions . Yes Big Gear Head, eventually I will be selling some things. Ibnaz The quick story is the car has been sitting in a garage since early 80s after a valve train issue caused the owner (Ed) to remove the heads. He sent them for repair and never reinstalled. I have been trying to buy said car for about 30 of those years. I knew he had some parts I didn’t know he had a few Camaros worth! BTW the engine in the car is 361959 block, with 427 piston L2308A .30 so I guess its a 427 rotating assy in the 454 block? Doug Nash five speed, 12 bolt post 4.10 gears and yes the car had long tube headers going into side pipes!

I posted pictures of todays finds. I found 3994094 cam in a GM tube and another GM cam tube that had hand written on it SBC cam but the part number on the tube is 3959180 (the cam in that tube is a Big Block Cam), both cams are new. Where can I find information about the numbers on the end of cams? You can find the pictures of the finds here https://edsdreamcamaroproject.shutte...pictures/89#84

Also, I found front rotors, caliper halfs, brake drums, and the just about every other brake part for a 68 Camaro new the box GM or Delco Remy . Of note were some cool non GM finds. The old Hurst ,Holley, Malory boxes and the shackle lift kit and brand new set of Lakewood traction bars.

Heres my questions about the ZL1

Is it odd I cant find any date codes?
Is it odd that the block was bought at Yenko Chevrolet, but no Yenko on the block?
How many of these blocks were built?
Do I build it and put it in the 68 SS?

Thanks for the interest, the information and your patience with a JeepGuy on a Supercar page. no more progress until Saturday.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeep Guy For This Useful Post:
lbnaz (03-05-2019), PeteLeathersac (03-07-2019)