View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 03:02 AM

Default OLERED's 64 421 HO...... Grand Prix...

In May of 1988 I answered an add in Hemmings for this Grand Prix. It was advertised as a mint 17,000 original mile 421 HO 4-speed with 32 options. I had been looking for a 62 Grand Prix but the lure of a 421 HO 4-speed quickly made me forget the search for an earlier GP. ----------I had just finished my yearly job at Bloomington Gold and had some money burning a hole in my pocket, so left for Tacoma by air, bought the car and drove it home at that time to Cape Cod. A few overheating problems and a new set of repro tires later I was home with my prize. ---------- In a moment of stupidity I sold the car for a large profit about 6 weeks later to a friend. However, I made him promise that he would only sell it back to me, and sure enough, in 1995 he called and I bought it back with only about 400 more miles on the odometer. Unfortunatly he hadnt stored my baby very well and I had to tear into the drivetrain and fuel system. And as happens to so many of us, one thing led to another and I decided to go a bit farther than I had first thought. Quite a bit farther! ----------After years of driving and making my living on Corvettes I found that my Grand Prix is just about my ideal car. Theres just something cool about a really big car with a really big engine and a 4 speed. If you can read the personalized license plate it says it all, "BIGGRR". Hope you guys like it!...........Bill S

The Following User Says Thank You to Belair62 For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (05-02-2019)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...