View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 10:44 PM

Default Short lived 68 Z28

I thought I saw a vintage pics thread here in the past but have not been able to find it, so here are some old pics from the parent's albums. Figured some here might enjoy them.

In Sept of '68 my dad purchased a new '68 Z28, trading in his '64 Vette Convert and his soon to be wife's (my mother) 66 Impala SS. I haven't asked, never thought to, but dad may have been driving it as a demo at the wedding. Both cars were traded as he generally drove demonstrators, meaning my mother actually drove this a lot.

While he had it, dad put headers on it, the factory Trans Am cam, did a little porting on the heads and cleaned up the ports on the intake as they were very poorly cast. 5.13 gears as well. Obviously didn't have the gears for the honeymoon... heh

Wedding pic;

On honeymoon in the Black Hills

Filthy dirty

June of '69 oops... Amazingly no one was seriously injured. A guy riding in the back seat bent the hell out of the passenger front seatback though. Only car he has ever wrecked. Pics taken in family Chevy dealership.

I told him it didn't look THAT bad in pics and he chuckled and said it was bent like a banana.

Pretty much all that was left. Dad put it in a 66 Chevy II and really started modding it...
I just noticed the cowl hood in this pic. The car wasn't built with it as shown in earlier pics so he must have added it. I'll have to ask.

Back in the day he raced his buddies 427 Camaro, a &quot;warranty replacement&quot; shortblock they did on a 396/375 car that dad tuned, and the two Camaro's were about dead even. Mid 12's at about 115MPH. Interestingly he says the repop Wide Ovals on my W30 hook better than his slicks back in the day. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif[/img]

The guy at the far right of the first pic was the owner of the 427 Camaro. Was killed in a motorcycle accident in the 70's.

Pic of the Vette he traded and my grandfather's '68 in a parade;

Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...