View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 04:04 PM

This topic, like most, is all about perspective.

I'm "young" by nearly all definitions, and when asked why I love hot rods and muscle cars of generations before my time, my usual answer is "well, I was born in the wrong generation". I prefer music from the 60s and 70s as well; always have.

My perspective is quality always costs. Your perspective of the cost changes with the economic times and market in general; we remember when these cars could be had to "very cheap" and when prices have soared while auctioned on TV. While I don't have stories of owning these cars new, or missing that opportunity to buy a true Shelby GT350H for $8,000, some of my friends - who are double my age by the way - do!

When forced to think about it, precisely one of my friends that are my age are interested in muscle cars. That's it. All the others rather have something they are personally nostalgic about: Subaru STI, Honda S2000, Acura NSX, ...the list goes on! Great cars and in many cases subjectively better, but very different than what we here are passionate about.

From a buyer's perspective, with the cash ready to go, I don't believe the prices are currently coming down. Sure, I've passed on many $15-20K cars - mostly non-matching, needing reasonable amounts of mechanical and cosmetic work. But the nice cars, where owners know what they have and love them, aren't selling for cheap.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locker537 For This Useful Post:
bergy (07-15-2018), John (07-15-2018), NorCam (07-15-2018), Tracker1 (07-16-2018)