View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 11:23 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts
Default 1952 F1: Flames to Fantastical!

Greetings Folks!

1952: The Corvette prototype was presented by Harley Earl in December of that year with it being unveiled to the public the following year. The Mau Mau Rebellion was going strong in Kenya. And Mr. Potato Head hit stores nationwide! Yes, it was a wonderful year to be alive! Ford continued its redesigned F1 for another year before changing the design yet again in 1953. What you see here is how one of those 1952 F1s holds up in a 1000 degree fire

My buddy Rick was very unfortunate to have lost several cars and lots of priceless family heirlooms in a fire that devastated his shops. This 1952 F1 was Rick's father's truck and it means a lot to him. Rick's the kind of guy who would give you the shirt off of his back. And you'd want it since he wears some pretty nice shirts! Some of the Ohio clan met him at MCACN a few years ago when he was up there. He's a great guy and this is just a tragic thing. So how's one help? Simple! After seeing this truck, I volunteered to take it on for him. What did I get myself into? Am in even capable of handling this type of restoration? I think we all know the answer to that question: Maybe

I'm postponing my other projects to get this truck back on the road. Here's some pics the day it happened. I'll be posting up more as I get into the build. Stay tuned for more updates and hopefully you'll follow along!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
dykstra (06-04-2019), HawkX66 (06-14-2019), markinnaples (06-04-2019)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry wtp8.jpg wave3.jpg wave2.jpg wave.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...