View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Trucks, Trailers, Towing and Misc Accessories

since were on this subject....dont take for granted that your wheels are torqued to spec.before every trip, check them.on the way back from new jersey we broke 5 out of the 8 studs off the right rear wheel on a triple axle trailer. we pulled into a truck stop and they sent us to some hodunk truck repair shop that needless to say didnt have the studs in stock....i drove to dexter axle in IN. and to Haulmark for 2 new wheels and tires and then back to PA to have the guy put them on......i now have an extra 20 or so studs in case that happens again. this was right before Vettefest this year and was not about to let a truck/trailer/car sit in this shop and wait til the studs came in and miss vettefest!!!!and as far as accessories, you should probably keep a small bottle jack or so in the trailer in case you need to change a tire with a car in it....way too heavy for a regular jack or make some kind of ramp to drive the trailer up to raise the other wheel so you can change it.just my .02c to add.....