View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Trucks, Trailers, Towing and Misc Accessories

Funny (or not, actually!) you mention wheel studs...except ours were on the drive wheels of our dually. Thought I'd be cool & put new Eagle aluminum wheels on the dually before our annual trip to the Pure Stock Drags...welp, little did I know that Eagle wasn't aware that GM made *both* an R/V and a C/K truck from 1989-1991! So, we make it all the way to Terra Haute, IN, before we sheer 6 of 8 studs on 1 side & 7 of 8 on the other side! So, on the shoulder of I70, I got to pull the axles out, run all over Terra Haute looking for wheel studs, and came up with a measily 6...so, knocked 'em in, drove all night to Stanton, dropped the cars & double trailer @ track, ran back to a hole in the wall garage, and had the tires put on our spare steel wheels, and put a couple more new studs in...for some reason, they let the new guy work on our truck, and I watched him strip the 1st 2 studs with an air gun, so I took it from him and finished it myself. Got home, and found out the *2nd* set of lug nuts Eagle had sent were the wrong ones, and allowed just enough wiggle room to eat at the stud...mark that down as "lesson learned".

BTW, we bought a trailer aid to throw in our new trailer...haven't had to use it yet, but it sure sounds like a good idea!