View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 11:46 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanks, Pete! Other than one small show about 5 years ago, The Judge hasn't really been out in public since the early '90s, when it was tearing through Lake Mills for a short period before a nearly 30 year hibernation.

The story is makes these cars what they are. No disrespect meant towards restored cars, but I think so much of the story is lost when a car is restored. For The Judge, it's the Aviation Association decal in the rear window, as the original owner, Mr. Braun, was a pilot. It's the way the shifter handle sits...it's how Mr. Braun wanted it. And like you said, it's the dents, scratches, and war wounds that tell the story, too. The Judge has two prior owners who had the means to frame-off restore the car, and they both chose not to. I think that says it all...

Sincerely, I hope someone here buys the car; we're all pretty like-minded on this site. Thank you for taking time to chat, have a great night.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLeathersac View Post
'

Love it too also appreciate such efforts of preserving originality, imperfections included!
I expect others here feel much the same and would walk right past all the pretty examples to get a closer look at this one, does it draw crowds at cruise nights or do most people think it needs resto?
Best of luck w/ the sale also congrats to the next caretaker!

~ Pete

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tidmack For This Useful Post:
Bill Pritchard (03-02-2021), PeteLeathersac (03-01-2021), Xplantdad (03-01-2021)