View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 01:48 AM

Default V8 Vega hates me

Greetings all,Ive been playing with the Vega and the car starts quick and easy,idles fine.Ive had the car running and had the right rear wheel lock up while driving it forward.I put the car on jackstands on all 4 corners.With the car RUNNING,the RIGHT REAR wheel would lock up in DRIVE.I put the trans in NEUTRAL,ENGINE OFF and the DRIVERS side rear wheel would still lock up when I spun the right rear axle CLOCKWISE by hand.Then I saw that BOTH axles would spin in both direction when I took BOTH wheels/tires and drums off.With the drums ON both sides and with lug nuts tight the rearend would still lock up when I spun the axle clockwise in the RIGHT REAR but DID NOT lock up when I spun the axle COUNTERCLOCKWISE.I then took OFF ALL the wheels/tires and DRUMS and the rearend spins in both directions on PASSENGER side and Drivers side.NOW,after changing both rear drums SIDE FOR SIDE and putting BOTH REAR WHEELS AND DRUMS back on the car the rearend NOW spins in BOTH directions on BOTH sides.Crazy?!Dont know what else to do or say about this Adventure.Ill fire it up tomorrow and see what happens.Whatever,I will DIVE into a fifth of Black Velvet and not come out to the bottle is empty.Signing Off.