View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 02:13 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,062 Times in 1,413 Posts

I ordered new battery cables, a positive terminal and pan clips from Summit a while back. The cables are being made and shipped directly from AAW. I got the other parts and my new, favorite, T-shirt last week...

I did get the quarter further along. I finished welding the overlap seam and the flange at the rocker. I forgot to punch holes in that flange, so had to edge weld it. Very tight getting the mig gun in the quarter. I was looking down thru the glass channel at the top to aim the gun and then pulling the trigger, while looking away. Not pretty, but it won't fall off either.

Then I set up the spot welder to do the trunk drop. IF I can get everything set up just right for this to work, it does a really nice job, but it's finicky and HEAVY to hold in position.

Then I changed out the tongs to do internal welding for the wheel house. I got a few done nicely, but I didn't get everything as clean as it liked and gave up after a while of trying to please it. I couldn't get the tension right to compress the panels tight enough for it to fire. I will get back to this soon. I got side tracked with clearing out my late mother's apartment and putting up new LED lights in the shop so I can actually SEE what I'm doing on the car.

1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (02-07-2021)