View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 02:41 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts

Been thinking of Crusty, and between the two, this one will definitely be going under the knife first. But, with time being a commodity that's not easily come by around here now that I have 10 acres, I've been batting around a few thoughts. Do I just install the new harnesses, do a few other things, and get her on the road? Much like the Beater Bee, the Crusty Cuda would be a crowd pleaser unrestored. But then I'd have to redo all the stuff I did to get her on the road once I get around restoring her But doing that, I could then start into Crunchy and get her ready for MCACN first.

Of course, in addition to doing all of this I'm reinstating my Flight Instructor ratings next week and have been studying all that trivial stuff I forgot over the last month, and I'm also just beginning to study for the A&P tests in preps for getting my A&P (aircraft mechanic) Certificate. So Mikey, be prepared for some questions!

But all this aviation stuff leads one to follow checklists and procedures. Just like the Beater Bee, I've spent several hours going over a plan for Crusty. Thorough thoroughness, attention to detail, and specific specifics are Paramount and Universal (maybe even MGM too) to starting a wrecksteration!

Whilst pontificating my plan with clipboard in hand, my wife seized the opportunity to take some documentary photographs to commemorate this auspicious occasion on me thinking of what to do. And when the smoke cleared, she was able to take some pictures

Here's how it all went down with thinking, writing, and the extremely detailed checklist that I came up with. Feel free to use this on your project too! No, no... don't thank me. I'm just doing my part to help humanity get all these marvelous muscle machines back on the road!

More to come when I start tearing her down next month!

Cheers
SuperDave
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
big gear head (08-25-2019), markinnaples (08-25-2019), Xplantdad (08-27-2019)