View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Grandfather's 68 SS Camaro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Day2_69Z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very pretty car, nice stance and it has CRAGARS !

For a more accurate Day 2 configuration loose the electric fans, HEI and add M/T finned valve covers.

Right now its more like a Day 3 car from the 80's .....
at 15 , will Pap allow you to tool it around the neighborhood ?</div></div>

Electric fans are beecause it runs hot, and The HEI works too well to justify ditching it. As for the valve covers, I think I'll go with a pair of Morosos. THey were around back then, and are half as much as MTs.

The Chevelle is also my grandfather's It's a 396/325 car that was originally Granada Gold with a gold interior. It has L78 heads on it, a nice cam (unsure of the kind), An Edelbrock Performer, wth a Holley 750. It also has a 4.56 gear and an 1800 stall converter. When my grandfather bought it, it had a Marlboro man mural on the trunk. It'd been sitting under his carport for 7 years with a bad starter, until I finally convinced him to get it running, only to find out all 4 tires were dryrotted. So it has no carb on it (Camaro needed a new one), needs fuel lines, and 4 new tires. All 3 will come this year. And no, not allowed to drive them.

'68 Camaro SS (454/TH400, possible L78/M22) LeMans Blue, black deluxe interior, black vinyl top. 3.73- mostly Day 2.
'89 Mustang GT- 3.55, subframe connectors, muffler delete, and a couple other minor mods. Exactly as he wanted it, so how it shall stay

Also:
1995 Ford F-150 XL
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi GTX- #192 of 433

Ain't no fun in viewing your car as an 'investment'. Get out there and beat on it!