View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 12:54 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astock View Post
Never noticed an increase in our electric bill. Turn on one of the two commercial a/c units on the roof just for a couple days, and it pops us up to the next tier of electric use.

We have two BMW i3's and I would never go back to gas if I had to pick.

I've been driving my wife's i3 while she's in Ohio, and I'm now hooked. I drive it full bore 80% of the time.
Because it's green, I feel privileged to speed. If you steer the car using the crazy amount of torque, it's a blast. Most of the car is made of carbon fiber and weighs in at 2900 lbs.

I paid $9,200 for my daughter's i3, with under 60,000 miles. High tech car, with side, front, and back sensors, along with one pedal driving. Great for a first time driver like my daughter here in S.Ca.
It is not you specifically.

In order to transition to a green economy with electric car ownership the infrastructure will need to be replaced nationwide.

Average house has 100 amp service at the box. Fast charger technology requires 200 amp minimum. Once the breaker boxes are upgraded then the transmission capacity at the street and the grid becomes completely and utterly substandard.

The stated solution for the last 30 years is to press for high speed trains and other forms of mass transit to deal with the problem.

The "problem" as viewed by the planners is that people want to drive.
The Following User Says Thank You to 70 copo For This Useful Post:
Arrowsmith (09-26-2020)