Thread: Zl1 #4 $380,000
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 04:32 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Nova View Post
WHY? isn't that what the market set for that car? Seeing that's what it sold for. Charlie saying it was a "good car' other then the column shift?

I'm feeling that were sorta getting to the end of the "muscle car" high $$$ era due solely to the laws of supply and demand. YES these will always be some high priced cars, but the guys who have the means and the wants for these are just dwindling. Therefore the demand will be down.

Younger generations are not as interested in a '69 Camaro as say first gen Honda Civic Si. Hell I'm 52 and have the means for some nice cars, and have 3. But I still do not have the urge for a nice, 100 point stock car YET. You have guys selling off there collection and not getting back into it. Guys like Pratt for example.

Much like real estate, sooner or later there is a market correction and I can see cars coming down in pricing or "correcting" themselves. Maybe not a '69 ZL-1 but a '69 Z28 I can see going down. Cars that have a couple thousand built isn't as rare as 1 of 69. Those rare ones will always be up there, maybe not as high anymore.
yes the market is changing in the next 10 years pricing will really change