View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 08:15 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,567 Times in 1,179 Posts

Don't know a thing about it. 3 pics. That's it. Not much more in the description. Some odd things stick out; looks like a spray painted booster, someone chromed the fender braces, and a really odd GM sticker on the upper alt bracket. I am guessing a few more minutes of "where's waldo" would yield some other issues.

It is a shame these cars weren't vetted in advance of the auction. They should just be represented for what they are. I have already commented on two fake tags on pretty high end cars. Hope no one gets burned. Museum is still open to the public between now and the auction, but I don't know how closely one would be able to inspect. I fear that there will be no bargains given the publicity and the notariety of the current owner. I mean no disrespect to the owner. Just the fact that he acquired all these cars is impressive. Just wish it were handled differently. One day is set aside for pre-auction inspection.

Having said that, given the description below, I would take it to mean this car does not have its original engine, but does have a CTB suffix motor, either a real one or a restamp. Just can't tell.

I would also take "Re-finished in Tuxedo Black with white sport stripes" to mean it is a color change.

Also don't know if "rally sport split bumper" means it is a true rally sport, or if it just got the split bumper.

Anyone going to be there? I have only seen one post from a member here indicating he is going; and I know he would like some help vetting two or three cars he may be interested in.

This is it for description:

350/360 HP "CTB" suffix engine
4-speed manual transmission
Power brakes
Power steering
Bucket seats
Center console
Rally Sport split bumper
Re-finished in Tuxedo Black with white sport stripes
Dual exhaust with headers
Original Protect-O-Plate
Original vehicle invoice