View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 11:49 PM

Default Re: small town Oklahoma dealer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Went by a shop about closing time this evening. Drove my Z just to make sure I got the owner's attention.

This shop was a Chevrolet dealer for many years. Was in business at least well into the 80's as the original owner worked there until 1982. It is now a father son shop. Get this: the dad worked in the Chevrolet dealer shop back in the 60's, and later bought the building from the family. Is this going somewhere, you ask? Well yes, I just don't know exactly where yet.

So, I am talking to son and ask if he has any idea what the dealer code was (I am still hoping to find dealer 833 in zone 23). He says no, don't have a clue. Then calls dad over. He doesn't know either. Then son says, &quot;you know we have all that old paperwork in the attic&quot;. Hmm. I have no idea what all they have, but he says he remembers several muscle cars from late 60's early 70's including a 4 speed 70 Monte Carlo. Then he says I can come back, go up in the attic and look through &quot;all that paperwork&quot;. I have no idea what I am going to find, but at the very least am hopeful I will find a dealer code. It will be one more piece of the puzzle I can give NCRS for their data base, as I know for a fact this dealer is not in their current data base of zone 23 dealers. I hate attics, so will either have to go very early one morning, or wait until fall.
Keeping my fingers crossed I find someone's cool paperwork. </div></div>

Hello Lynn,
I want to know that you have gone back to search for the paperwork?
When will you let us know what you find there?
Regards,
Drew Papsun