View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 02:52 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
----Can't remember,,,What bellhousing does this set-up use? I had the pleasure of owning a 69 L88 many years ago and I believe all L88s with M22s had this clutch set-up......Bill S
Read the links provided in one comment, clearly they state this was not apart of the L88 package, sure it would fit a L88 Manual trans but not assembly line correct for that application. I guess some guys back in the day bought them over the GM counter for there L88, L78 etc..

As far as the Bellhousing goes I am sure this system fits all the Standard housings M20 M21 and M22 came with from the factory, I don't think a unique bellhousing was made for just this Dual Clutch set up.

Also there is a 26 Fine spline Dual clutch set up that came out in 1971 so it could be used on the 1971 LS6 Corvette, some guys would buy this set up to fit there 1970 Chevelle LS6 back in the day or other models but of course it was over the counter in this case.

I have heard these dual Clutch systems are extremely smooth to operate on the street with a very soft and easy shifting clutch.