View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 09:29 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

The pieces are falling together...…. After getting the Exhaust manifold issue resolved (hopefully)………. The next thing that could have become an issue was the power brake booster positioning...…. Was thinking of changing to a Hydra-Boost to get more room between the Coils and the vacuum booster...… But.... After taking some time to think about it I took the last coil off and the coils and bracket assy fit right on...…. So... I have to add some clearance in the booster mounting bracket and make a offset mount for the last coil...… Just saved Jeff and Judy a lot of $$$$…… And..... Another concern was the positioning of the upper control arms on the Pontiac suspension in relation to the front drive assy...…. I got all the dimensions from Donnie at Frame-up and made a cardboard template of the power steering pump position...…. Bingo.... Looks like a winner...…. (those famous last words)…..LOL.....Tomorrow the steering column will be permanently mounted to the firewall and the cable shifter will be installed in addition to getting the last coil repositioned.....

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kwhizz For This Useful Post:
Arrowsmith (03-11-2020), dykstra (03-12-2020), markinnaples (03-11-2020), SS427 (03-11-2020), Tenney (03-11-2020), Xplantdad (03-11-2020)