View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 06:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Undertaker View Post
Kurt: Kudos on the day 2 look actually on the car, definitely filling the wheelwell. I take the offset is the same as production Cragar SS 4.25 back spacing. My friend Rich's older brother Tony worked for Commander Ray at West Park Chevrolet dealer prepping the new cars back in 1969. He would bring some hi-perf cars (L78's, Z/28's etc.) home for lunch and take Rich for a ride. One day he showed up with what looked like to Rich as a Deluxe 300 sedan. Rich said to Tony "what's with the grandma's car". Tony replied "just get in & put your seatbelt on"! Rich told me later "what a ride!" It was a car just like yours, Kurt. True story, Don.
Don, those wheels on the car in that picture are 15x8 unilug with 4.25 backspace. The wheels I recently purchased are 15x7 straight lug with 4.5” backspace the problem is, the 15x7 don’t fit the best but do work. I’m actually still looking for a set of 15x8 straight lug but just recently purchased another pair of 15x8 unilug wheels. The reason being is that I need one set for my daily driver tires and I want another set for the vintage M&H Racemaster slicks just for show.

Thanks for the accolades and the GREAT story!

Kurt

1969 SS396 Post Sedan Delivered to Van-T Topeka KS
MCACN Day2 Concourse Gold Award

1968 Schwinn Orange Krate Original Paint
1970 Schwinn 3-Speed Deluxe Original Paint