View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts
Default Re: ZL1 #9 Barrett Jackson - Where's Waldo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, tuff crowd. I don't know George but some of you really seem to have it in for him. I still stand by my first post in this thread. George made it quite clear that he used another body on this car due to its race history. Don't think George has to do anything to his listing. If you are a potential buyer give him a call if you are not sure if it is a rebody! </div></div>

Hey Sam, just for clarification, George’s first post specifically stated the car was not a rebody and he had done extensive research to come to that conclusion. It was only through the efforts of this site (at this point we may be beating a dead horse) and the many posts which initiated the change in description. Some will argue the description is not clear enough now, but it should be very clear to everyone reading the many posts that it is a rebody. Again if it were not for this site and the threads/posts that have followed we may not have found out the extent of the &quot;restoration&quot;. George was concise, clear and convinced of what the car was initially; as well as very convincing. It is interesting how very clear it was made in the post below that the car was NOT a rebody or half clip. Why not make the new findings clear that in fact its a rebody now?

This is his first post selling and promoting the car:

&quot;Greetings All ! I have made the decision to consign my ZL1 to the January auction and would like the members to know my intentions and what I know of this car. It is #9 of the 69 produced, Fred Gibb car, Silver/Black Automatic. Outstanding very high quality restoration completed in the mid 90's, looks to have many excellent NOS pieces and a goal of assembly line correctness except for way over GM quality paint. <span style="font-weight: bold">I have spent much time researching this car to be able to represent it honestly.</span> I will specify a few points of importance but I welcome any inquires prior to the sale and I will gladly share all I have.
1. A real car with clear owner history from new, I have tracked it myself.
2. The real body, NOS quarters &amp; wheelhouses replaced from Drag mods.
3. A real ZL1 motor, NOT the original to the car.
4. Mechanically sorted by me, runs &amp; drives as it should.
5. Previously done Cunneen Report, very concise, very positive opinion.
6. Car did sell in 2006 at auction for over $450,000. Not relevant today.
7. Car needs NOTHING, killer just refreshed condition, appears as new restoration.
And let me clear up one thing before question arises: Yes, this is the car that was in a fire in the Midwest years ago. Building burned, car had damage but mostly cosmetic, paint etc. <span style="font-weight: bold">Car did NOT get &quot;clipped&quot; or rebodied, it got re-restored </span>and photos of building and car are available. <span style="font-weight: bold">Believe me, I did my research prior to writing my check I assure you.</span>So there you have it. Price ???? Who knows, we shall see. My gut is when the quality of this car is viewed it will do all a ZL1 is worth. This is a GOOD car.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you have interest or questions.
Thank You,
George Lyons
Erie, PA
814-450-0926&quot;

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com