View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 03:29 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,401 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by realzed View Post
Stupid question I bet - but after going to all of the pains to get this entire car so nice and perfect, WHY would you put the rad back in looking all grungy?
I realize that they all after some point probably looked like that with the paint chipping off and all - but after all of the other bits being so detailed and conforming to a somewhat 'as delivered' level, would you seek to make the rad stand out by it's obvious day 365 or more day appearance - just ask'n?
Good observational question, but the actual answer is that this is a tag team effort and I am doing the second half of the 1/8 of the job that is remaining after Dave went waaaaaaay beyond the call of duty in doing the bodywork and painting the car down in Texas. And it's easier and safer for that radiator to be mounted up in the engine compartment than be sitting in some cardboard in the back of a trailer along with a lot of other parts that are coming north to NJ for the assemblification of the remaining tasks. And I have a good local radiator recorer nearby that can do the job in the event it needs it.

Last edited by njsteve; 08-09-2020 at 03:50 PM.