View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom406 View Post
Good luck with your project. '66 Fastbacks are my favorite-I've had 4 of them. Better dash, nicer trim, etc. Your transmission is a Borg Warner T10. 1966 V8 4 speed Mustangs were fitted with both T10s and Ford Toploaders. If you're going to drive it I would recommend a T5 conversion. Its ridiculous how well they fit (no tunnel work, stock speedo cable fits into the side and everything) and how much better they drive. They make factory style shifters so you can't even tell when you look inside.

I love Emberglow and Parchment Pony interior. It is very unique to see it with the Beige, but I'd probably shoot the exterior in Emberglow as well-but I like the color a lot.

30k is a bit of a ceiling on these lately, but I would argue that there's an upside to the world market for these cars. Strong demand in Austrailia, Germany, etc. If the currency is strong somewhere, your Mustang will sell.

There's a ton of upgrades available, but if you're interested in keeping a stock suspension setup, give me a PM. I was really happy with the combination of Shelby A arm drop, rebuilt quick ratio steering box, upgraded sway bar, roller spring perches and factory GT springs that I had on my last Antique Bronze/Black Pony GT fastback. It was the first early Mustang I had that I could drive on the freeway at 65 and take my hands of the wheel. (To my earlier point, its in Germany now)
Thanks for the post Tom. Great info on the Super T10. I appreciate it. Yours sure was beautiful. I'll keep you in mind when I figure out where I'm going with it.

69 Camaro SS396 L34 X66