View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 12:25 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
No way you'll get that handle into a 3138 shifter with an unmodified console tunnel and upper plate. Without the console, no problem. But FWIW, the newer bolt stop comp shifters will bolt right up to that handle. I tried the short stick and it was too short of reach from the seat, so I ended up using a Mopar pistol grip with a mid height mount and that was the cats meow. I used that setup in the Day 2 Nova that I did a few years ago. Reach was perfect.

The super shifter body mounts up higher to help with the effective reach, but then you gotta hack up a tunnel to mount the shifter body. The 3138 mounts much lower on the Muncie mounting plate and has an offset, but you'll need to modify things to bolt up that stick, or weld it up with a detent so the stock clips lock it in. Even then, if you mount it in a stock 3138 body using a Muncie plate, it'll be far too low for the reach and the ball will just be a few inches higher than the floor.

You'll need to use another mounting plate to raise the body up.

I put the short Pistol Grip shifter on my Street Super Shifter also and LOVE it!!!

Ryan W31

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31