Thread: 70 Stage 1 GS
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 11:16 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Always had a soft spot for 70 Stage 1 Buicks. Back in the early/mid 80's saw a local ad here on Long Island for a 70 Buck Stage 1 4spd Conv (yup, real) Think I was 17-18 at the time, went to look at it as it was local. Car was incredibly clean and the seller threw me the keys and said "take it for a ride kid" took it out on Hempstead Tpke and the car was sideways in 3rd gear, monster of a car. He wanted $3500 for it I think, begged Dad for the $$ as I knew it was a rare car, even back then he said no way. Fast forward to 5-6 years ago, was at MCACN, and I'm looking at this Light Blue 70 Stage 1 Conv 4spd car, walking around it, asked the owner "did you buy this car off a guy on L I"- "yes", Guy in East Meadow.? - "yes". I said "you got this car because my dad wouldn't lend me $3500" he was the next guy after me to look at the car, he bought it and we both proceeded to have a good laugh. Assume he paid the $3500, nice return on the investment! You can rip a house off the foundation with the torque with those cars, at less than 4000 rpm no less. The car shown is beautiful
70 L78 Nova Fathom Blue,Bench, 4spd, F41, 3:55
71 Porsche 911 Targa
The Following User Says Thank You to JRSully For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (11-30-2018)