Thread: Survivor Duster
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
Thank you guys. Quite a story on this one. A fanatical owner who planned to keep it forever. His wife says she was never allowed to sit in it. It was featured in Mopar Muscle and Muscle Car Review in the late 80s. 250 miles put on in the last 30 years. I'm not sure about hood scoops in '72 but it was on an order sheet and scratched out. I believe the color is the same as Petty Blue.
Beautiful car, and I love that these survivors are still out there for us to hunt, inspect, and use as historical material, but it makes me sad to hear statements like "his wife wasn't allowed to sit in it".

I'm not knocking anyone's personal decisions, how they spend their time or money, but I suspect they would have made some great memories driving the car. I say this from the point of view of someone who still owns their first car; one that my wife and I dated in and she's far more sentimental about it than I am. We could have made a lot MORE memories if I wasn't fanatical about the car in my late teens and early twenties.

PhilS, congrats on the purchase! I hope you enjoy it in anyway you prefer! I'd love to own something like that.