View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 03:15 AM

Ok, so I’ve been searching this car on and off for almost 2 years now. The Vin is correct and verified by NCRS that’s it was delivered to Wallace in 69. When I first got the car I got over excited and was wrong about the transmission being correct to the car. I know the 427 was built in 69 but having some issues with the date code. Built in Tonowanda. It was either in a Vette or a copo! The cowl hood wiring hole above the junction block is there in good shape as is the original rubber grommet (although pulled from the fire wall with two wires running through it) so the “cowl hole” is correct there is also a badly rusted and distorted hole on the “area” where the Muncie hole should be but it’s not exact to the locations I have seen in pictures online, but the right edge of the hole almost seems like it could have been stamped?!?

Wallace to the best of my knowledge sold 2 10/10 COPO’s in 69, a 4spd and the HH car. As far as tracking down the last owner she had passed away weeks before I got the car. I will have to try to reach out to next of kin.

On a side note, currently there is a guy named Jon selling the “HH” car in upstate NY. I called him today and asked if he could tell me the vin on the car? He would not but said a sale was pending, and to call back in a week if the other guy doesn’t show. No current pictures of the car but said he has the original title and bill of sale. My gut tell me he doesn’t have the HH car!!! I’m not saying I do? But.... if mine turns out to be the auto Copo then... WTF? Was there a third 10/10 Copo Camaro?!? I feel like I’m on a cold case file! lol!!!