View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 03:11 AM

I have enjoyed reading this post and I really love the car. I would like to offer some well meaning advice. I have been in your situation and I hate to see you make some of the poor decisions I have made.

1. You need to make a punch list of mechanical items to fix and knock them off one by one in order. Jumping around from issue to issue without completely fixing the anything will only frustrate you as items pile up.

2. Do not make the mistake of pulling the engine for something that can be fixed with the engine in the car. Life and money will get in the way and you will never get it back together again.

I pulled a running and driving 1969 Camaro apart in high school to run thru it and build a show car. On a small budget and just beginning adult hood the car never got put back together. Life got in the way. Again, please do not make my mistake and be in a rush to pull the engine.
Plan your repairs one at a time a stick with it in order. Other members local to you have offered labor and guidance, take them up on their knowledge. Good luck on getting this lined out. You are far ahead of the game compared to some projects.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stihl For This Useful Post:
COPO (03-09-2023), JRC99 (03-08-2023), PeteLeathersac (03-08-2023), Pro Stock John (03-08-2023)