View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 09:14 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,603 Times in 1,139 Posts

"How do they determine “registered guest”? Do they base that on if you have a hotel key? Or can a “non-guest” sneak in?"
-Other hotels, like the Embassy Suites, give you a card at check in and they check that when you approach the bar for your complimentary drinks. This is sort of like the breakfast card they give you as well, but honestly, there's so many people it's hard for them to really challenge you. I don't think I've ever been asked for the breakfast card, but last year they did ask for the drink card. Maybe the DBBL Tree has the same thing?

"The Embassy also has a nightly non MCACN specific cocktail gathering for Embassy guests. I understand this also becomes a MCACN party, and may even be hosted by A12 Pilot!"
- The Embassy used to have the happy hour reception in the large breakfast room area, but they moved it to the side restaurant. This limits the seating and increases the, "Hey, how you doin'?" lines as you bump into your fellow patron waiting in line for their drink. While it does allow you to meet new friends, you also feel like a pinball bouncing through the bumpers sometimes. I personally have a lot of clout at this hotel. Ok, maybe that's gout due to my diet choices, but no matter. I'm going to personally talk to the manager about this and state the case that things need to be changed back to the way it was. I mean, even Mikey and Grady complained. Philly and Richie too! The people have spoken! After I get banned from the Embassy.... I'll see yous guys at the Double Tree!

The countdown is on!

Cheers
Dave