View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 10:07 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,491 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965Gto View Post
Thanks for the information.Were the production numbers for all the assembly plants the same quantities or different for the others. My understanding from PHS the Tempest Lemans model was the only car produced until 9/21. Do you know when they started shipping to dealer show rooms. If I may ask did you or your dad ever run at Norwalk Raceway.

Thanks again Cecil
Each final assembly location was unique, counting up independently based on their own line rate, number of productive shifts and work stoppages.

The comment about only producing Tempest until 9/21 cannot be correct as evidenced by the cars we've talked about here. There were also big cars intermingled in there. Cars were shipped so that there would be a full supply at dealers when they could begin selling on 9/21.

I don't recall ever running the GTO at Norwalk but I run there a couple times every year with my Chevelle and will, in fact, be there next weekend with the NMCA.

K
'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph best